Thursday, March 10, 2016

Zone Conference!!

March 7, 2016

It has been an great week! :)

We had to spend a lot of time preparing for zone conference this week! It was on Wednesday, and it was great! We gave a training on the importance of repentance. It's been really neat to see our mission focus back on the basics recently. Sometimes we get so caught up in other details of missionary work...but the basics always work the best! We were very prepared for our training, and we invited a lot of people to share their experiences with repentance...which really brought a special spirit to the meeting! I was reminded of the importance of repenting daily, even as a missionary!

We also had exchanges this week :) YAY. I love exchanges, and I love our sisters dearly. We got to exchange with the Jackson sisters, and they are whitewashing the area (they're both new to the area) and also Sister Hulme is training! Needless to say...it's kind of stressful for them! But they are handling it like pros. I loved being with Sister Desmond for the day! She reminded me of that pure faith that new missionaries have. I really needed to feel that faith again, and remember that it really is in the Lord's hand! I'll be honest, it's really hard to be on my last transfer! I have just loved my mission more than I can describe. I needed to remember that I can have just as much faith in the next phase of life as I did when I was just starting out :)

Sister Desmond and Me!  She's adorable!

My mission is a constant reminder of how much joy comes from bringing others to Christ :) I feel joy from having the gospel, but that FULL joy and overflowing happiness comes when I see others come to Him as well! I think that's why need to be sealed to our families--so we can bring them to Christ and into the celestial kingdom and feel that fullness of joy. Everyone has someone that they need to bring! For me right now, it's the random strangers on the street. Later in life, it will be my family, and my future children. It's all the same, amazing work, and it brings more joy than anything. I LOVEEE THE GOSPEL.

Us taking the ferry across the Mississippi! We may have gotten a little lost....

Our Nissan Rouge on the ferry :)

No comments:

Post a Comment