Thursday, March 24, 2016

Easter is coming!

March 21, 2016

I hope your week was as wonderful as mine. I am so happy to be a missionary.

We had two more wonderful exchanges this week :) They taught me so much. Both exchanges I got to be here in my area with a brand new sister! One was with sister Hubbard, and one with Sister Hansen. They are so full of fire for missionary work, they can't help but be contagious! They reminded me--yet again--how much I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY.

We were also able to start teaching several new investigators this week, which was such a blessing! One especially powerful lesson was with D., the friend of a returning member. D. came to church last week, and felt the spirit so powerfully. When we visited her, she expressed how difficult her life has been in the last couple years. As I listened, I felt the Lord's incredible love for her. It was so easy to testify of Christ and invite her to take the lessons, because I knew that was exactly what she needed to find the healing she is looking for. It was powerful, and the spirit was there.

Both Sister Weldert and I also had an opportunity to receive a priesthood blessing of comfort and counsel this week! It was amazing. Our district leader didn't know either of us very well, but the things he said were so personally meaningful. The power of the priesthood is amazing! After I received the blessing, I was looking back on a "1-year plan" I'd made just a few days earlier, and the goals I'd made for myself matched almost exactly the advice in the blessing I'd received. It was incredible, and reminded me how much the Lord loves me and my dear companion.

Here's my top 10 things I learned this week!

1. Exchanges are amazing but exhausting
2. The power of the priesthood is REAL.
3. Never eat ice cream twice in one day.
4. Never EVER eat McDonalds twice in one day
5. If you get sick at the end of the week, it's probably because you ate McDonalds and ice cream all week.
6. It is not good to spend 24 hours pretending like your not sick when you are running a temperature.
7. You know you're insane when you wait until your companion says you sound and look like a crazy caveman before you slow down and get better.
8. THANK GOODNESS for Dayquil
9. A smile and a hug make everything better
10. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY

Sorry about no pictures this week. I love you all so so much. I feel better now and am ready for another awesome week :)

Sister Petrie

No comments:

Post a Comment