Thursday, March 24, 2016

HALLELUJAH

March 14, 2016

The mission life goes on! This week was crazy. Like CRAZY.

First time eating dippin dots! Worth it :)

Tuesday was great! We got to have a couple of lessons, and that night we were able to watch the YSA Q&A broadcast by Elder Holland! If you didn't get a chance to watch it, it's definitely worth the time. The testimonies borne were so powerful, and I had a lot of questions answered myself. Also, the love of our church leaders is so powerful, and it's real! They really do care about the young people of this church.

Wednesday we had another fantastic Zone Conference! It was one of the best I've been to. Everyone came so prepared to learn and share and become better missionaries. Our training went really well, and I learned so much about repentance and the importance of teaching our investigators HOW to repent. The repentance process is part of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ!

Thursday we got to teach M. :) She is just doing so well. We had a really powerful lesson on chastity, and read "The Family: A Proclamation to the World". The spirit was so strong! I realized what an anchor strong families are, and just how vital of a role they play in helping God's children progress in the gospel. I've seen so many different types of families on my mission, many of which are struggling and broken. There are a lot of resources out there to help struggling youth and kids, but honestly there is NO substitute for a strong family where Christ is the center. I'm so grateful that the church recognizes and teaches us the importance of family.

Friday we had another exchange with our Potosi, MO sisters! I got to go to Potosi with Sister Grover. That girl is hilarious! We had a great time, and got to teach a lot of great people.



Exchanges :)

IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET. Go to followhim.mormon.org and watch the church's new initiative video it's released for Easter, "Hallelujah." Then share it! I love this video so much! Each time I watch it, it reminds me of what the Atonement has done for me! "In Jesus Christ, I have found new life." I truly have found new life in Jesus Christ! He means everything to me.

What we look like on Sunday night. #nuffsaid
Love you all!!

Sister Petrie 




No comments:

Post a Comment