Monday, February 29, 2016

Amazing blessings of a mission

February 29, 2016

I can't believe it's only been a week. It just seems like so much has happened!

Sister Weldert is here! And she is awesome. She is handling the change in area/assignment like a boss!! She's already teaching me a ton. She is a super bold missionary, and reminds me the importance of talking to everyone. She's seriously great, from Idaho, and such a prepared missionary. Love her lots, already :)

I picked her up on Tuesday, and we went straight to work! We had an appointment with the O. family, and it was fantastic! H. had done his reading, and he had so many questions. He's starting to have that thirst for the gospel, which is so awesome to see! We had a couple other awesome lessons that day as well!

We were able to see almost 100 percent of our investigators this week, which was amazing! We had a ton of just really powerful, uplifting lessons. And find a couple new people to teach! One was the G. family, which we are super excited about. The father is a member, and the mom and the youngest son, J., are not. The dad was super excited to have us over, he stopped us at the church a couple weeks ago and asked us to come see his family. He said he's ready to be active and living the gospel, and wants his youngest son to be baptized as well. I'm just amazed at how much the gospel brings happiness. It's so clear sometimes! I love it.

It's been great getting to know our sweet sisters! We have 5 sets this transfer, and 3 of them are training! Which is always so fun. The new sisters seem so happy and full of excitement to be missionaries :) I can't WAIT for exchanges with them!

I had a neat experience this week at district meeting, which I had the opportunity to bear testimony of in MLC the next day. I was asked to lead the district in reciting D&C 4, which I hadn't done for a couple months! I've always been a little intimidated by verse 6, "Remember faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, charity, humility, diligence." Sometimes it's tempting to see that as an overwhelming checklist of virtues we need to strive for and obtain on our missions. But as I read that with all the missionaries, I suddenly had a perspective change--suddenly I saw that as a list of blessings that I've received on my mission! I remembered all the times that God has given me the faith I needed to see a miracle. When He's given me that extra strength I needed at the end of the day to be truly diligent to the end. I thought of all the people he's taught me to truly, deeply love. I thought of that boost of patience I received when an investigator just needed a little more time, or when the work was slow. When he's humbled me with his blessings. Those many, many people in my life that I now think of as brothers and sisters, because I've been blessed to serve them. And I was completely overwhelmed with gratitude! I realized the extent of the enabling power of the Atonement in helping me become a consecrated, Christlike missionary. AHHH. I am just so grateful. It's all come from Him! I love what my mission has taught me.

We had a fantastic Leadership Council on Friday. It was all themed around repentance, both our repentance and our investigators. It reminded me that enduring to the end is repenting to the end. I'm excited to teach that in our upcoming trainings and exchanges this next couple weeks!

I failed at taking pictures this week, but here is one of sister Weldert with a BRAND NEW CAR. 2016 Nissan. yeahhhh we're spoiled :)

Sister Weldert and our new car!!
Love you all!

Sister Petrie

No comments:

Post a Comment