Monday, February 1, 2016

Worldwide Broadcast!

January 25, 2016

This week has gone by SO fast! I'm so filled with gratitude for the gospel, for this area, for my companion, for the people we meet and interact with every day. I love my mission!

We started out this week with interviews with President Morgan. I LOVE THAT MAN. He is inspired, and every time I talk with him I come away uplifted and motivated to do my best. It was so neat to be reassured in our interview that he does trust me and also expects great things of me. I asked him what I could do to help him, and he told me to work diligently in my area, and make it a great area full of miracles! I'm so glad he told me to do that, because ever since then the Lord has been blessing us and providing us a way to do it! We've been able to start teaching some solid, great FAMILIES this week, get our investigators to church, help them progress, and invite several of them to baptism. YES! I am so excited about this area and the people here, there are so many prepared for the gospel.

One of the families we started teaching this week was a couple, C. and M., that one of the members of the ward introduced us to. They recently have been through a lot, including the death of their teenage son. It's amazing to see how open and prepared they are for the gospel, searching for answers to their questions and a purpose to their lives. We had an incredible Plan of Salvation lesson with the two of them, and it was like watching a lightbulb turn on! They loved what we taught, and they felt the spirit so strongly. They just thirsted for more of the spirit, and were so excited to have us come back! It was such a powerful lesson, and I am so grateful.

We are also teaching a family with two adorable children, age 8 and 3, with a less-active mom and a non-member dad. They all sit in on the lessons, and we basically spend the whole time all trading off answering the 8 year old's questions hahaha. She is ADORABLE, and wants to be baptized. We want her dad to baptize her... :) After he gets baptized, of course.

We also started teaching D., a YW aged sister of our investigator K.. We taught her twice, and she came to church Sunday and loved it. She felt the spirit so strongly, and told us she feels like we were meant to teach her. We feel the same way :)

The highlight of the week was Zone Leader Training this week, we got to give a short training and get everyone excited about our new baptism goal for the year of 380. YES. I am so excited. That goal is straight-up revelation, and we are going to make it happen this year. After that we had a worldwide missionary broadcast from Salt Lake, from apostles and members of the 70. We got to hear from Elder Bednar, Elder Anderson, Elder Oaks and lots of other amazing people. They really focused on our true purpose as missionaries, and it motivated me to focus on the basics and keep strengthening my foundation--my belief in Jesus Christ.

I love you all! Have an amazing week, sorry about the lack of pictures :)

SIster Petrie

No comments:

Post a Comment