Monday, February 29, 2016

Last week of Sommer and Petrie

February 16, 2016

It is so hard to believe that this is the last week of the transfer. Part of me wanted this transfer to last forever! It has been a BLAST being with Sister Sommer, and Glen Carbon is just the best. Sister Sommer goes home next week, and I'll miss her a lot!

....just a glimpse into our companionship :)

This week was another fantastic one! We were able to see almost all of our investigators and have a lot of great lessons. There are so many progressing towards baptism. I am just SO grateful!! The longer I'm out the more I realize how much the work is in Heavenly Father's hands. ALL flesh is in his hands (D&C 101:16) and he knows what each individual needs, and when they need it. I'm so grateful to be a part of filling those needs!

My favorite lesson this week was with our investigator C., who's girlfriend is a member. We were able to bring the PERFECT members to help us teach and fellowship him! They got along so well, it was magical. I love when that happens! We taught him the gospel of Jesus Christ, and he basically taught himself! We asked him, "C., what is repentance?" And then he went on for about 10 minutes about what repentance means to him and how it's more than confessing sins, it's deep and lasting change. It was perfect! His desires of learning the gospel have recently changed I think, from learning out of curiosity to deeply seeking to be spiritually filled! C. is amazing, I love teaching him.

We were also able to pick up a solid new investigator this week, M.! He referred himself online :) He is so great! We taught him the restoration, and he just soaked it up and expressed a strong desire to read the Book of Mormon! When we asked him if he had any questions, he said he wished that everyone could know about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith, so we could be unified. Way to go, M.! Already a missionary after the first lesson. So golden!

I think my favorite moment this week was meeting J. We went up to Highland to find a lady that had showed up on our ward roster. She didn't live at the address, but J. did! We talked to J. for a little bit about the church, and then she burst out like she couldn't hold it in any longer, "You ladies are just BEAUTIFUL. Both of you!! And it comes from your eyes! You don't even have to say a word, I feel the love that is in your eyes." We were both a little surprised! But what a great opportunity we had to testify of the Savior, that it is HIS love we have in our lives because of the restored gospel and the Book of Mormon. She didn't want to learn more about the church, but I was so grateful for the opportunity to share the love of Christ! I wish with all my heart that I could help everyone understand that the happiness and peace in my life comes from living the restored gospel and from daily feeling the love of Jesus Christ in my life. HE is the light of the world. He is the light that shines in our eyes! I am so blessed to be a missionary and have that extra measure of Christ's love in my life. AH. THE CHURCH IS TRUE! Ok, sorry for the rant. It's just so real and so important!

I love the gospel! I'm way excited for a great last week of the transfer :) Let's do this!

Sister Petrie

We went to the City Museum yesterday!  SO fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment