Monday, November 24, 2014

Transfers and a Baptism!!!

November 17, 2014

 I'm having the hardest time believing I've been on my mission for 6 weeks, a whole transfer! At least once a day Sister Biddle and I comment on how fast time is going, how much we love serving together in Danville, and how badly we never want to leave! :) I am so blessed with such a wonderful area. 

Transfer calls were this Saturday! It was pretty much a given that both Sister Biddle and I would stay here for another transfer because I'm training, but it was still nerve-wracking answering that phone call! My district leader, Elder Moore, is being transferred to MO, and that makes us all sad! He is fantastic and we are all going to miss him. I learned so much from him about exact obedience and working diligently. 


Danville District with the Zone Leaders
We had a BAPTISM Thursday!! It was both mine and Sister Biddle's first. M. is SO EXCELLENT. The Lord loves her so much...I can't even explain. See the picture attached...I was a lot happier than I look, I promise!! Just before the baptism, Sister Biddle and I were at the church filling up the font. I had a quiet moment to think about M. and what this all meant. I couldn't shake the feeling that there were angels there! Also I felt the incredible worth of ONE soul. The baptism was small, it was short and sweet, but it meant the world to M., and it meant the world to her father in heaven. Pray for her sweet, sweet self! She will face some hard things, but she is SO strong! Her smile when she came up out of the font said it all. I just love her!
M.'s baptism
So many details I could cover about this week!! I wish I could just bring you all here to experience these wonderful people! We are focusing on meeting our key indicator goals. Not because numbers are important, but because people are. We've seen miracles there! We pretty much jumped for joy when we saw 3 of our investigators walk into sacrament meeting! What a blessing!

If you have spare prayers, continue to pray for B., for B., and for P. :) P. was a sweet lady we met last week! We felt prompted to help her with her groceries, and she ended up really needing it! She called us "blessings from God!" We met her sweet family and told them about what we do. We felt impressed to offer to help them hold a family home evening...they accepted! We are having FHE with them this Wednesday night. We have high hopes, we have been praying to be able to teach and baptize a family! Follow spiritual impressions! They are important.

It snowed this week! We got a cute picture :) Also here is a picture of our district along with the Zone Leaders...I love them SO much.


Snow in Danville!!
Something I am striving to remember...we not only can change, but we ARE changing every day. Our very nature can be changed through the Atonement. Mistakes can be erased! We can become like him! We just need to choose the direction we change by using the opportunities presented by trials and challenges to choose to follow HIM.

I love you all. For reals.

Sister Petrie
brielle.petrie@myldsmail.net

No comments:

Post a Comment