Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Another week with the people I love!!!

November 10, 2014

This week was FANTASTIC. I wish I were better with descriptive adjectives so you knew just how awesome life is right now!! :) The people we are working with...they make my life!!!

B.. We totally resurrected him as an investigator this week. :) Complete miracle! To refresh you, Brad was a miracle find...we knocked on his door, and 30 minutes later he wanted to be baptized. We had committed him to church, but instead of showing up on Sunday, he left us a note saying this church was not for him. After that we knocked on his door several times, but he ignored us every time. But the Lord works in mysterious ways for sure. Last Saturday, we knocked one more time, and he answered the door! He thought we were someone else and didn't check the peephole haha...but he answered and let us talk to him! He agreed to let us come back, and we did on Wednesday, with a member, Sister Delp. He admitted he had let doubt and fear creep in which is why he didn't come to church. But the moment we opened the Book of Mormon to resolve his concerns, the spirit came into the room. He stopped us and said, "That good feeling--it's back." He said that he knew it would be the biggest mistake of his life if he let this feeling and our messages slip out of his life. He KNEW this church was for him. So slowly but surely, B. is progressing again! He didn't come to church this Sunday, but he is reading and praying. Pray for him! Pray that he can overcome those dark feelings that are holding him back. He is so ready for this gospel!

M. She is getting baptized this Thursday! It's at 3:15, and we are fitting it in between school and a dentist appointment, but she is really doing it!!!! We had so many fantastic lessons with her this week. We taught her the law of chastity, and she basically started teaching the lesson for us, telling us how much she agreed with the church's stance on that principle. At the end of the lesson, she said, "I think my friend would like to hear about this!" She talked to her, and in the next lesson told us that we could meet with her and her friend to teach the lessons! Investigators and new members are seriously the best missionaries. They feel the changing power of the gospel...they understand it so simply and clearly, and they are filled with the joy of it! They can't help but share it with others!

 M's baptismal interview paper!!! WAY exciting
B! B. was a new investigator we picked up this week. She was a Bible media referral but she also knows one of the recent converts we see, J.. We met with her and taught her the Restoration. I KNOW the spirit was there, because she committed to church in the future and baptism at the end of the lesson! The spirit drives people to change...it is the most incredible thing! We are so excited to keep teaching B.

I gave a training in district meeting this week! AH. I was scared, not gonna lie! Almost everyone in my district has been out MUCH longer than I have, but I had to train them on how to be a better missionary!! I learned a LOT preparing and giving that training. I'm grateful for the many chances I'm getting to stretch myself. Someone wise said..."There is little growth in a comfort zone...and there is little comfort in a growth zone." It's possible I've used that quote before but I LOVE it...so there it is again :) The mission is a growth zone...and comfort is pretty hard to find haha! But I LOVE it. Sincerely, this is the happiest time of my life so far. It reminds me that being comfortable doesn't always bring the most happiness...a good principle to remember!

I think my favorite moment of the week was being the substitute pianist in primary on Sunday! I love those beautiful children! Sister Biddle did sharing time last-minute and talked about prayer...she did a fantastic job! She asked awesome questions and the kids' answers were inspired. I know it's so like me to get something deep and amazing out of a small experience like this :) One of the children's comments stuck with me. His name is A., "Jello" for short, and he said, "We pray because God wants to hear our problems. So he can fix them." I love how simple that is! Whoever is reading this crazy letter, just know that God DOES want to hear your problems! As Alma puts it, "He will take upon their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities." Christ's whole purpose is to fix our problems...he wants to succor us so bad!! I see how much he wants to succor B., and M., and B., and that is what drives me to invite them to come to Him. He knows us, and he knows how to help us. His love is powerful!


Sister Biddle with J and J, M.'s sweet kids! I love them!!
Have a fantastic week. Love you all! Thanks for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment