Monday, December 21, 2015

A Savior Is Born

December 21, 2015

Is this real?? I can't believe Christmas is really this week! I'm looking forward to seeing all of you over skype! :)

We've been focusing a lot on serving others this week. We've challenged all the members of the ward as well as all the missionaries in our zones to give a gift to Christ this Christmas! My gift to Christ is to help each person around us to feel loved, and to make this the best Christmas for somebody else. We've loved doing it, from a simple smile to a sincere compliment to delivering a plate of cookies and a Christmas card! Last night we stopped by a single sister in the ward who spends each Christmas and Thanksgiving alone, and felt prompted to offer to spend part of Christmas watching her favorite Christmas movie with her! (We're allowed to watch PG movies on Christmas--so excited! :)) It's just the warmest and best feeling to offer love and service, especially to those who might not normally receive it. It's interesting to think that those who got to give a gift to Christ at his birth were those who were humble and listening and willing to act--just shepherds and seeking wise men! I hope I can always be humble and waiting for the opportunity to give the most meaningful gifts.

This week was excellent. We had two great exchanges with the Union Sisters and the Lake St. Louis Sisters. I love them all! For whatever reason, I felt the spirit SO strongly on both exchanges. Blessings!

Union Sisters

D. and J. were at church! They are doing GREAT. It's amazing to see both of them just light up when they feel the spirit in their lives. Soon they will have that blessing always! It was also cool to see B. and J. L. just take D. and J. under their wing. It was like they were saying, "I was just where you are, being new in the church, I know what it's like, and I'll be your friend." YES.

We had such a neat lesson with A. this week! We listened to President Nelson's talk, "A Plea to My Sisters." It was just what we ALL needed. By the end, all 3 of us were crying haha. It was so good to remind each other that we are all SO needed in the work of the Lord, and that we are making an impact! I love A., more than I can say!

Love you all! Talk to you soon! Have a very great Christmas. :)

Sister Petrie

Our Goofy faces!

No comments:

Post a Comment