Monday, September 7, 2015

Fabulous week!

August 31, 2015

I don't have too much time today, we've decided to take advantage of the beautiful day and the fact that we're in the city and spend the day in St Louis!

It was a fabulous week. I've felt so much relief from stress this week. I've had moment after moment where I've felt over and over that this gospel really is true, and the Atonement really is real!

E. got baptized this week! It was so perfect, and like half of the ward showed up to the baptism! We also had 5 or 6 non-members/investigators there to feel the incredible spirit. I love E., she is the sweetest girl ever! She has a really special spirit, and I'm so grateful she had the chance to learn and accept the gospel. Her mom and brother will follow her, I'm sure!

E's baptism

Church was also fabulous, we got to watch all of our recent converts walk in the door, and one received a calling! These people's lives are really changing!

I also got to go on an exchange with a brand new missionary this week, Sister Favero. She is the sweetest human alive, and she reminded me SO much of myself just about a year ago! So excited and so diligent and full of faith. We had a great exchange, and got to set a baptism date with P.! I'm so excited about P., he is really wanting to change his life at this point. We taught him about the power of fasting to overcome addictions, and he was like, "alright. I'm doing that tonight!" Way to apply what he learns :)

Hope you all have a fantastic week, I love you all so much!

Sister Petrie

No comments:

Post a Comment