Monday, May 4, 2015

Transfers are here!

ALL the sisters in the mission! It is probably the most awkward picture I've ever seen...
but I hope you feel the love we have for each other! :)
May 4, 2015

Hello hello hello, people I love!

This week has been one of the best in my mission. I don't have time to share all the incredible miracles and blessings we've seen, but I'll touch on a few!

First was mission conference on Saturday. What a blessing it was to be there with the ENTIRE mission, all in one room! I felt the spirit of missionary work so powerfully. Elder Quentin L Cook of the quorum of the twelve was there with us! The very first thing he did when he walked into the chapel was to line all of us up so he'd be able to shake all of our hands, one by one! Oh, I have so much love for that man!

Of course there were so many things I learned from him, but I think the highlight was hearing his special witness of the Savior. As he stood there and testified, the spirit bore witness to our hearts that He is our Savior. And that there are apostles and prophets that once again are on the earth, to guide and bless our lives. I can't express the depth to which I know this to be true!! Something that Elder Ulisses S Soares said really stuck with me as well. He encouraged us to meet our Savior while we were on our missions, to allow him to make an impression on our souls, never to be removed! I realized, looking back, that I have truly begun to meet the Savior on my mission. He has been walking beside me every day. He has never left my side. He has changed those I've taught, and He has changed me. I KNOW he lives. As one of the members, Sister Darnell, says, "You ask me how I know He lives; He lives within my heart!"

Transfer calls were later that day! I am staying here and getting Sister Schow! I'll miss Sister Brimley, but I met Sister Schow at mission conference and she seems amazing. We will have a great transfer!

I have to go now, not much time today! But I want to share this miracle quickly. Yesterday after church, we had a space in our schedule where we planned to contact investigators and others we desperately needed to see. But every person we tried to see wasn't home/we couldn't contact them! We knew that we needed to be somewhere else, and God did open doors! We felt really good about contacting a less-active woman, and neither of us knew who she was! They immediately let us in, and we were able to meet her husband and daughters, all non-members. She had a wonderful experience with missionaries before, and both her daughters want to learn about the gospel! I was amazed at Heavenly Father's hand...he placed us directly in the path of people who were prepared by Him. We are so excited to teach them!

I can't wait to call you guys on Mother's day! I have no details about that, so I'll have to have a member let you know what's going on.... :)

Love you all so much.

SIster Petrie

No comments:

Post a Comment