Monday, April 27, 2015

Miracles and Blessings!

April 27, 2015

People I love!

It's hard to believe this transfer will come to a close this week! I have learned so much from the ward and from Sister Brimley this transfer! She has been in this area for 6 months so we are both pretty sure she'll be leaving this next week. I have been trying to cram as much information about this area as possible into my head while I still have Sister Brimley here! It has been a wonderful and crazy week needless to say! 



Sis Brimley and I at the Cracker Barrell with the M family

We had MANY miracles and blessings this week. I'm not sure if I've mentioned our investigator A. before, but she is an incredible woman who has been SO prepared for the gospel! We haven't been able to see her for a long long time, but this week we were blessed to be able to teach her twice! We weren't sure what her concern was...why she wasn't progressing. But we were able to see the Spirit work in us this week and were able to resolve her concerns!

Revelation through District Meeting is a real thing. Elder Fa (DL) did a training about invitations to church. We answered two questions: How do I feel about sacrament meeting, and how do your investigators feel about sacrament meeting? Then we came up with a plan to help that investigator feel the importance of sacrament meeting. It turns out that both Sister Brimley and I had written, "A. feels like church is a hassle." We came up with a lesson with A. so she would realize that church is more than just another place to go, it's a place we receive revelation and renew our covenants for the week. Sure enough, the next time we sat down with A., one of the FIRST things she said was, "Guys, I feel like getting to church is just a hassle." I was amazed, yet again, of how all-knowing our Heavenly Father is, to show us exactly what A. was feeling and needing! WOW. We were able to talk and share what we had prepared. Then, on Sunday, we were able to watch her walk into church for the first time, with her daughter, smiling and beautiful! The Lord's hand is in this work!

It was such a blessing to have 4 of our investigators come to church this week! Especially J. S., an almost 80-year-old wonderful man, who at first told the sisters he would never change, never come to church! But the spirit was working hard this week, because he committed to be baptized on June 6th, and showed up to church for the first time.

We got an unexpected call on Tuesday! Our mission is going to be having a last-minute mission conference in Charleston, MO, and Elder Ulisses Soares, of the Presidency of the Seventy; Bishop Gary E. Stevenson, Presiding Bishop of the Church; and Elder Quentin L Cook, of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles will be in attendance! We are soooooooo excited! The best (or worst :0) part is that our district will be performing the musical number we did last Sunday for our mission president! Ohhhh boy we are nervous. Pray for us!

I love this area, I love my mission! The gospel is true! I know it, and God will reveal that truth to anyone who asks about it :) (Moroni 10:4-5)

20 min after we cleaned our car HA!
Oh, and I just think it's great that I drive a RED Toyota Corolla!




We got excited about the "Restoration" part

No comments:

Post a Comment