Sunday, April 26, 2015

General Conference!

March 30, 2015

Hello my lovely wonderful family.

What an incredible women's conference that was on Saturday! It made me so grateful for my family, immediate and extended, and for the support I receive from all of you! Thank you thank you thank you. I love you all so so much!

General Conference is this upcoming weekend! What a blessing that is! Prophets speak for GOD! I feel so blessed to live in a dispensation with a living church. He LIVES!

Centralia is so great. The work here is exploding! We teach so many people, and it is because of the involvement of the members! If any of you want to help the missionaries, find friends who are prepared for the gospel! Pray to be led to those who are prepared. I have a lot of faith that this transfer will be excellent!
Selfie in the Car

Sister Brimley is awesome. She has been out a transfer less than I have, which means I have to drive the car! Let's just say I am slowly gaining back my driving skills... Hopefully I can send a picture of us! I love her, I love this area. The ward members are lovely to us! I miss Danville a lot, but I am grateful to be here.

This week was great! I am so excited about a family we just started teaching...A. and S. They are wonderful. They have been so prepared to hear the gospel! S. told us he wasn't sure if there really was even a God. So we talked about faith, and read to him the inspired words of Alma in chapter 32 v. 26-27. We told him if he even had a particle of faith, just a desire, he could KNOW there was a God. We asked him if he had that desire. His answer was so humble. "Yes. I want to believe." He committed to pray that night, for the first time probably in years. People I love, I hope you KNOW that God is so merciful! He wants to give us the knowledge and the answers, but it does take faith. Ask, and ye shall receive. We may wish we had knowledge from God, but how many times do we actually ASK. I have an ever-strengthening testimony of our Father's willingness to give us all our righteous desires if we but ask!

I LOVE this work! I am so happy to be trusted to be a missionary. I love you all! Thanks for all your support again.

Love! 
Sister Petrie

No comments:

Post a Comment