Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Transfers, a baptism, and a PIANO!



Our Fantastic District!
March 23, 2015

There seems to be so much that has happened this week! Many MANY miracles. 

First of all, I am getting transferred! I am leaving Danville and going to Centralia, IL, which is south of here! I've heard it's a great area. My new companion will be Sister Brimley. Leaving Danville will be one of the most difficult things ever. I love this city and these people! But I know the Lord is in charge and this new area will be the right thing!

S. got BAPTIZED on Saturday!!!!!!!!! I wish there were words to describe how happy everyone was. She has come so far! It has been almost a year since she started meeting with the missionaries, and now she is a member! I am so so SO proud of her for being so strong! It was one of the best days of my mission. She stepped out of the font glowing with happiness. She was so beautiful! During the baptism I just was filled with gratitude that I was able to teach such a wonderful daughter of God. I look up to her so much. AHHH God is good!

S.'s baptism!!!! OH the joy :) :) :) She did it!!!
J. committed to be baptized on May 9th this week. My joy was overflowing!!! They are so happy as well!

I am running out of email time but I need to share this incredible miracle! Friends and family, prayer is a REAL power, and God loves us so much!!

B,, the sister who was baptized my first transfer here, is super talented and plays the piano! She told me she would be able to play for church if she was able to practice. However, she didn't have a piano. So a couple of months ago, I told her that somehow, I would get her a piano!! I have been praying ever since that if Heavenly Father somehow had some spare time, he would lead me to a piano for B.! So this week, I had kind of given up hope...the end of the transfer was approaching and no piano! Then, on Friday, a friend of S. calls us up and asks if we could go over to his house to help him move some of his collectible items up and down stairs. While we were moving, I noticed a very nice, full-length keyboard in his basement, and the spirit told me to ask him if he played the piano! He said no, then asked "Do you play?" I told him I did. "Do you have a piano?" I said yes, we had one at our apartment. "Do you know anyone that NEEDS a piano?" Of course I said YES!! He then told us that he would give away his piano, probably worth several hundred dollars, just because we had helped him that day. So we walked out with a piano sitting in the back of our car! I just started crying, I was so full of gratitude and amazement....truly God is SO GOOD! So that night we delivered a piano! It was another highlight of my whole mission...to see the surprise and delight on B.'s face when we walked into her house with a PIANO!

Me and B!!!!

 AHHH family, I wish I could express my love for these people in Danville! They have changed my life. I would do anything for them all. I hope you all have a fantastic week.

No comments:

Post a Comment