Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Angels Ministering Daily

March 9, 2015

I read this morning in 3 Nephi, chapter 7 verse 18..."And Nephi did minister with power and with great authority...for so great was his faith on the Lord Jesus Christ that angels did minister unto him daily." I have been striving for this kind of faith this week, the faith to be supported in all my trials, and to be given revelation and answers to prayer daily!

There have been so many angels in my life this week! Brother P. (best gospel principles teacher ever) says, "The Lord sends angels to surround us and answer our prayers...these angels are the people we interact with every day!" Wow! I KNOW the Lord answers our prayers, and it truly is so often through other people!

My district missionaries are angels in my life. Elder Odom was so inspired this week for district meeting! I had been praying for renewed spiritual strength and motivation. Sometimes we don't see just how important this work is in all the lives we interact with. I asked Him to remind me why I was out here and why I loved this gospel so much...and He did! Elder Odom asked each of us in the district to stand and tell the story of our conversion. As we each testified, the spirit was incredible! We happen to have two converts in our district, Elder Odom and Sister Sims. Both joined the church 2 years ago! We also have an Elder who was less-active most of his life before his mission. And of course, the rest of us have had to strive for conversion throughout our lives! I was so touched by each story, and the spirit testified to me that the gospel is JOY! I realized that the gospel really means everything, I mean EVERYTHING to me! I am so grateful for the chance to share it. I am so blessed!

Another angel in my life is S. Her courage and determination and strength is like nothing else! She inspires me to do better. We've had to push back her baptismal date to the21st of March to make sure she is prepared, but she is SO determined! I've asked before but please pray for her!! I have had some of the most meaningful and sincere prayers of my life in praying for S...I love her and know she will succeed!

Sister C.--a recent convert that got baptized my first transfer here-has been such an angel to me this week!! She has no idea how much her strength strengthens me! Despite so many trials in her life, she is constantly reaching outward to others. Nothing is about herself! The same day her son had a monthly cancer checkup she texted us saying she had some groceries she wanted to give us!!!! She truly is like Christ, and I love her. Pray for her family as well!

B. has been an example to me as well this week, and example of being a missionary! We had a lesson with both her and Lorenzo, her son. I felt the spirit FILL the room as SHE testified of the truthfulness of the gospel, and how much it had changed her life. We were teaching her but really she was teaching her son. I have said this before but I LOVE teaching with recent converts! They feel the spirit and blessings of the gospel so strongly, and it is easy for them to share it. I love this gospel!!!

One more small miracle this week that helped me feel God's love and support and his angels all around! There were three separate times this week where we had a 15 minute space or so before our next appointment. Both Sister Ramirez and I want and love to work hard every minute, so each time we went out and knocked just 3 or 4 houses before our appointment. Each time, we were led by the spirit, and were able to see miracles! The first time we met C...a young mom who wants to know more about how to live happily in families. The second time we met M., a dad who wants to be closer to God but doesn't know how. The third time, we met W., a truly humble man seeking God! Warren said he'd been praying for a deeper belief in God and reading His Bible right as we knocked his door! He said, "I don't believe in coincidences...I think God sent you sisters to me!" Sometimes, we get to be angels to others, we get the privilege of being an answer to someone else's prayer! I feel so blessed!

I know my Heavenly Father is watching out for me, and I know he is doing the same for EACH of His children. He has a plan! His love is incredible! His angels minister to each one of us, daily, if we have the faith to see them!

YOU ALL are angels to me, family! Thanks for your incredible support. I know this Work is His, and the gospel is the way to happiness.

Sister Petrie

No comments:

Post a Comment