Saturday, October 31, 2015

Hellloooo Family!

Selfie with Sister Hayden

October 12, 2015

Well first off, I guess congrats are in order!!! So happy for you, Alexander, and happy for Emily! You guys are adorable. Ah! My brother is getting married. Time definitely flies!

This may be a little short, sorry about that! This week has been great!

First of all, our investigator T., who is the brother of E., decided to get baptized this week! :) It has been a long time in coming, but he finally felt like this was the right thing to do! We set his date for October 24th. T. is 16, and he is a really fun kid. It's been incredible to see the difference in him from when we started teaching him. This weekend he went with the youth on a Nauvoo trip and came back completely glowing! The support and love he's received from the ward has been a miracle as well, he's found just the right people to look up to and hang around with. The gospel really changes lives!

I felt a powerful spirit this week when we taught the H. family. The parents are not active in the church and their kids are not members, and we got to teach the whole family of 6 the restoration! The spirit was AMAZING. I'm pretty sure I haven't felt anything like it! I just know this message is absolutely true. 100 percent.

Another miracle was J. L. coming to church!! Apparently on Saturday, she up and quit her job just so she could make it to church on Sundays with her family. It was such a wonderful moment to have B. and J. there together. J. has come so far so fast, and the spirit she carries with her is incredible. She is a woman of faith, and I look up to her and B. so much. I LOVE THAT FAMILY!

Well, pray for my dear companion, who goes home in a week! Also for me and for this area, we have a lot of good things coming. I love this work!

Sister Petrie

No comments:

Post a Comment