Saturday, October 31, 2015

Happy October :)

October 6, 2015

It's been a good week. What an amazing General Conference we just had! It always seems like no matter my questions or concerns or struggle is, the speakers all seem to be talking directly to me! I know I felt the spirit so powerfully, especially testifying to me that these servants really are servants of the Lord, and not of man. They do what the Lord would have them do. That's how I am striving to be!

It's so hard to pick a favorite talk, but I do have to say I loved hearing the new apostles speak. They are so humble and ready to serve, and I almost felt like I related to them in a way when I was a brand new missionary. I also LOVED Henry B. Eyring's talk on the essential role of the Holy Ghost. I think we take it for granted sometimes, but it really is amazing that the spirit can confirm and teach us truth, as well as comfort and guide us. My goal is to always live in such a way that I can have the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost.

It was really neat to invite all of our investigators to watch conference this week! We had a cool experience with finding one of our investigators this week, K. We pulled up to the house of a former investigator, and when we got out of the car, he was right there so we told him that we were missionaries and explained what we were doing. He looked at us for a second, and then said, "I'll talk to you guys." So we spent the next 45 minutes in his driveway explaining the restoration of the gospel, and the spirit was really powerful. He said he hated that he was too busy to go to church lately, and he loved the way that church made him feel. We were able to testify that that feeling was the spirit, and invite him to take the lessons. He was all for it, and we're seeing him on Wednesday! Just another testimony that God will place us in the path of those who are prepared for the gospel.

It seemed like we had a whole lot of meetings this week. We had two Zone trainings that we had to be at and give trainings for. We trained on how we as a mission can improve our daily scripture study by studying the restored gospel by topic. I have such a testimony of how consistent and diligent gospel study can bring the spirit and the vision of missionary work more than almost anything else. If we study the word of God and have his spirit with us (which comes through obedience) , we will have the power of God unto the convincing of men.(D&C 11:21) Topic studies have been amazing, I have learned so much! It almost fits right into the challenge we had at conference to "ponderize" scriptures. So cool!

Here's a picture from this week, another car selfie :) I love Sister Hayden, she's like my other half now! We rely on each other a lot, and it's fun :)

Car Selfie with Sister Hayden

Love you all. Have a fantastic week, and enjoy those New England fall leaves for me!

Sister Petrie

No comments:

Post a Comment