Thursday, October 1, 2015

General Conference Week!

September 28, 2015

It's been another terrific week. We got to do two exchanges this week, and I am starting to really love and appreciate exchanges! I love the sisters I get to serve, and they work so hard and do so much for the mission. Tuesday I got to be in O'Fallon with sister Broadhead, and then on Thursday I got to go to Frontenac with Sister Shontelle, one of the sisters I came out with! It was neat because Thursday marked a year in the mission for both of us, so we got to celebrate it together! I can hardly believe it's been a year. Time flies sooooo fast! I am so grateful I still have 6 months to learn and grow and just get better at being a missionary! I love this opportunity to serve.

We got to see a lot of neat miracles this week. The one I am most excited about is G.! He was able to come to church for the first time this Sunday, and he loved it. He has so much faith, and when we teach him the spirit is so strong. We love teaching him! He's seriously a miracle of my mission. Every time he sees us he comes up to us and grabs our hands and says "Thank you for all you do." He says he prays for us every day. He is sooooo sweet! He is so excited for his baptism, he talks about it all the time. There are so many people that need the gospel!

I am so excited for General Conference this weekend!! What a wonderful opportunity we have to listen to living prophets and apostles. As I sit here, I'm watching the funeral services for Elder Richard G. Scott, and I'm overwhelmed by the feeling that he truly was an apostle of the Lord! And whoever the 3 new apostles are, they are also called of the Lord! I know it. We are blessed to live in a time where we can be directed by a prophet. I hope all of you take the time to listen and apply their counsel....it's inspired. Seriously. This is Christ's church.

I feel like there was so much that happened this week. So many little miracles. There were at least 3 times that we were talking to someone and they told us they had been praying and God sent us as an answer to that prayer. What an honor it is to be a messenger for the Lord! Like Elder Nelson says, we are "epistles of the Lord", saying and doing whatever he would have us do and say. I think that there is nothing sweeter than to be able to be an answer to someone else's prayer! I feel very blessed.

Sorry, no pictures this week. I need to be better at that! Thank you for your prayers and support. I am so happy and doing so well, and as always am so grateful to be serving the Lord. I know he lives!

Sister Petrie

No comments:

Post a Comment