Thursday, February 5, 2015

I Love Teaching the Gospel!!!

February 2, 2015

It was another incredible week. Sister Biddle and I are excited to finish out the transfer together with a whole lot of hard work and love for these people. I can't believe this is the last week! Time flies.

We're preparing for a couple baptisms...trying to fit them in before Sister Biddle leaves! :) B. is getting baptized this Saturday. Will you pray for her? She knows she is doing the right thing. I love her! J., M.'s younger son is getting baptized next Tuesday...the day before transfers! He is so excited. I just love their little family!

We set a baptismal date with S...March 7th. She is so cool. I can't even express how much I love her and want her to succeed. I can't believe I'm blessed enough to teach her!

We are really excited about the incredible couple we are teaching, S. and J. They are just our age! We connect so well because we are in the same stage in life. J. is really truly searching. It's so interesting how everyone we teach has different struggles. But the same message helps resolve each one, and that is the message of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Truly our trials come from many sources, but our answers all stem from one source--and that is Jesus Christ. 2 nephi 31:21. Turn to him!

I've been thinking a lot about testimony, and true conversion this week. I want to help the people I teach be deeply converted. We learn in the parable of the sower in the Bible that if our roots are shallow due to poor nourishment, they won't be able to stand the storms and tempests that come. Depth leads to strength! The more deeply we study and incorporate the principles of the gospel, the stronger we will become. It's been incredible to see so many people deepen their roots. They are truly strong, and because of that, they are so blessed and happy!

Be a missionary like Christ was! He didn't flaunt titles or spout off memorized door approaches. He loved. He served. He spent his time for the one. I want to be a more Christlike missionary. I know that when people can see that I represent Christ, then they will be willing to listen to the messages I share.

Well I've been slacking. I don't have any pictures for this week!! Just know I'm happy and smiling, and excited for another great week.

I love you all!

Sister Petrie

No comments:

Post a Comment