Sunday, February 1, 2015

I LOVE Being A Missionary!

January 26, 2015

Oh how I LOVE being a missionary!

Our zone and Springfield zone! Look at all those awesome missionaries!

There were some definite ups and downs of this week. But I'm learning so much!

Weekly Planning JOY!

We are so excited for S. I can't even tell you how much I love that girl. Every time we teach her I feel like I get a glimpse of how much Heavenly Father cares for her. She is doing fantastic on her goal to be done smoking by february 14th. She's cutting down every day, and she says she knows that Heavenly Father is answering her prayers and taking away her desire to smoke.

B. is doing fantastic as well! We taught her the Word of Wisdom...you always get a little nervous teaching that one! We just hoped that it would come across to her like it was...a commandment from God! Not us imposing rules. We taught her the principles, and then read the last part of D&C 89, where the Lord gives us promises. After we asked her what she thought, she said, "well...those are blessings I just can't pass up!!!" WOW. miracle.

The spirit really teaches these people. The better I get a teaching the more I realize that I play such a small role in the conversion of these investigators. The spirit does the converting!

We starting teaching a couple from Puerto Rico this week. They are incredibly prepared. The wife, C., went to church in Peurto Rico when she was younger, but never got baptized. She wants her husband to know about the LDS church and to go at least once, so they are both willing to listen to our lessons. We're excited about them!

We also helped someone move and cleaned 2 houses this week. Shout out to mama...THANK YOU for teaching me how to clean! I see why it's important now :)


Sister Petrie 

Our mailbox got run over. Won't be getting mail for a bit haha!


Paint an edible train! It's pretty fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment