Monday, January 12, 2015

Miracles and Answered Prayers!

We conquered that snow!!!
January 12, 2015

Lovely friends.

What a wonderful week, filled with miracles!! I love where I am serving, and those I serve!

Some highlights from a wonderful week:


Snow!! We are finally getting lots of it in Illinois! Not quite as crazy as NH snow...but I was glad I knew how to shovel! :) 

Tuesday and Wednesday we probably shoveled 5 driveways/walkways. Great service opportunities!

B. Thanks for your prayers for her!! She is progressing, slowly but surely! She was at church yet again this week, and we had one of the most spirit-filled lessons I've ever been in! We taught her about keeping the Sabbath Day holy. The miracles happened when she started bearing her own testimony! We asked her how she felt when she came to our church. She said, "It's different...but so good. I can't describe it, but mostly i feel peace." In that moment I just felt so much love for her. Here is a woman, living in a shelter, worrying about unsupportive children, searching for God, coming from a very difficult past, facing knee surgery, and the message God wants her to receive at His church is peace. It is so simple and beautiful. God knows us perfectly. The gospel message is for everyone, and it is also for THE one. The individual. It can help YOU with YOUR personal struggles. I LOVE THIS GOSPEL!

S! She's a new investigator for us this week, but she has been taught all the lessons before! She is a member referral from Bishop Fulton. She lives over in Covington, with her little son named Q., nicknamed "Bam-Bam" Bishop explained that nickname by showing us a huge bruise on his shin, caused by a flying toy penguin :) I can't explain how much I already love her and her little son. We asked her why she wanted to meet with missionaries again, and she told us it was because she wanted to prepare to be baptized. We were like, "we can help you with that." :) haha we are SO excited for her!



My favorite B children!!!! Practicing to be missionaries!!

God answers prayers!! I know that because I have been praying for opportunities to be more diligent...and I have had PLENTY of opportunities. MULTIPLE times this week when it's been an exhausting day, and all I want to do is just sit down for a bit, the spirit has prompted me to get up and keep going, at the same time letting me know that THIS was my opportunity to develop the Christlike attribute of diligence. The miracle is that every time I follow those promptings, it gets easier. Heavenly Father is making a more diligent missionary out of me...and I love it love it love it. I love the miracle of change and progression. The Lord provides a way for us to fulfill his commandments.
We had zone conference this week! It was incredible. I wish I could share all I learned! They had me do a musical number (said in an El Bandito accent). :) I did a piano arrangement of "for the beauty of the earth" (Sister Biddle's request)

Sunday was beautiful. It was so amazing to sit on the stand (i gave a talk!) and watch B., S., and M. all walk in. And just feel so much LOVE for them all! I love being a missionary.

That poem from the Book of Virtues video!!!

I love you all. A lot!! But remember God loves you more.


Sister Petrie

No comments:

Post a Comment