Monday, April 4, 2016

I Stand All Amazed.

April 4, 2016

Well friends.

This is my last ever email as a missionary!

I would say it's impossible to describe what it feels like to end a mission. The last few days have been a roller coaster of emotion! I can't believe that 18 months have passed. A scripture that dad shared with me comes to mind:

"Wherefore, I the Lord ask you this question--unto what were ye ordained? To preach my gospel by the Spirit, even the Comforter which was sent forth to teach the truth...nevertheless, I will be merciful unto you; he that is weak among you hereafter shall be made strong."

"...that the fullness of my gospel might be proclaimed by the weak and the simple unto the ends of the world..."

I testify that the Lord fulfills His promises. When I look at myself, I still see a weak and simple girl who gave her best to the Lord for 18 months. But when I look at my mission, I am overwhelmed with gratitude, because I see his tender mercies and His hand and His strength in everything. He has made me strong. He has tested me, stretched me, challenged me, blessed me, strengthened me, helped me, guided me, loved me. A mission isn't a sacrifice. It's a blessing. The moment I chose to have that perspective it became a constant stream of tender mercies and miracles. I received infinitely more than I gave.

"...my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God. Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak, therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things."

The Savior lives! His gospel has been restored. He is here to hear and answer our prayers. He loves us. He knows us. I know these things are true!

I feel so much love for my mission, the people of St. Louis, the missionaries around me, and especially for the Savior. He means everything to me!

I love you all.

See you soon!

Sister Petrie

No comments:

Post a Comment