Saturday, July 25, 2015

The Temple!!


A beautiful day at the temple!!
 July 20, 2015

Hello there. :)

We've had another super week in Centralia! I just feel like I have nothing to complain about and everything to be grateful for. Ah. I love this place.

Thursday I went to the temple! It was so wonderful and perfect. I got to be there with all of the wonderful MTC ladies, in fact almost a quarter of the mission was there! Some at their halfway mark, the rest going home. The mission is having a huge turnover in the next couple of months, LOTS of missionaries going home and lots coming out! This next transfer should be super interesting! 

MTC Ladies at the Temple

Anyway. The temple! I just love love it. We had some opening remarks from the temple presidency in the chapel before the session, and it was amazing. The session was too--there were so many people in tears! I think there is just something about having a room full of missionaries in the temple. I just felt over and over how grateful I was to be serving a mission. I had so many prayers answered that day! I felt so close to my Savior. After the session we went to the Frontenac chapel and had a lunch and testimony meeting. All of the departing missionaries bore their testimony, and each one was so powerful. You could tell they had all grown so much. Their testimonies all seemed to be focused on Christ. We are really getting to know Him on the mission! He's our best friend, in the temple it seemed like he could have just been sitting in the celestial room beside any one of us, the spirit was there! I loved it.

MTC ladies again. Love them!

The rest of the week was amazing. It seemed like Satan was trying a little harder on our investigators this week, and we were able to meet with only a few. But we got to see so many other people!

I really feel like I am growing to LOVE S.. Like really really love him. He is like another Grandpa, we go into our lessons and are able to laugh and cry with him, he tells us everything and we just love him! The gospel is so REAL to S., and I've never met someone rooted so deeply in the Book of Mormon. That Book truly changed him! In his prayer this week, he says, "Thank you for letting me be baptized in your holy name, into your holy church." He is so excited for his baptism. It had to fall on the week after transfers, so I most likely will not be able to be there. Ah! It kind of tears my heart out sometimes. I love that man, and if I came on my mission only to help him change, it's all worth it!

Alright. Last week of the transfer! I can't believe it! We are going to have a good one. I will take pictures of all these wonderful people we are teaching so you can see them too!

Sister Schow made me a temple breakfast :) She is pretty great.


 It looks like Boston temple from this angle, eh? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment