Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Another transfer in Centralia!!!

June 15, 2015

Hope you are all doing well. We did get transfer calls this week, but I'll be staying another transfer here in Centralia! I may or may not have prayed for that to happen :-) I love it here and I love sister Schow! When they told us we were staying we both screamed! #neverwannaleave :)

I've been learning so much about the power of the spirit lately, and the power of the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon challenge we are doing with the ward is inspired! Here's why :) The day we introduced the challenge, both our investigators H. and S. were at church--and both had been praying about reading the book of Mormon/being baptized. Afterwards, they both told us they would take the challenge. So far, they are in 2 Nephi! Then yesterday, H. told a member of the ward that he knows that there is a prophet on the earth today, and in our meeting this week, S. told us that he knows the Book of Mormon is TRUE the more he reads it, and that he is considering being baptized!! We were floored! At first in our meetings, S. refused to pick up the Book of Mormon and H. wasn't even participating in the lessons. Now, because of the spirit and power of the Book of Mormon, they are coming closer to Christ. The light in their lives because of this change is VISIBLE. You can see God's love, changing their hearts! If you have questions, doubts, concerns, or are feeling lost, READ the Book of Mormon. It is of God. I know it!

This week, I had a wonderful moment of testimony. We were teaching our investigator, B., who we've since had to stop teaching. He loves to talk with us, but he kept pulling out all kinds of anti-LDS articles and saying that THIS was the reason he disagreed with our religion. He said that the book of Mormon couldn't be true because of such-and-such, and so he couldn't join our church. When he was done, there was a pause, and Sister Schow looked over at me, and I knew that I needed to leave Him with my testimony. I had no idea what to say, but I opened my mouth and started to talk about Christ and how the Book of Mormon brought me closer to Him. I shared with him the feelings about my Savior that have grown so much in the past 8 1/2 months, and my testimony of the gospel that has come to mean everything to me. I talked for a full 5 minutes, and B. didn't break eye contact or interrupt me once. As I was talking, I felt that promise of "angels round about you" being fulfilled--literally I felt an army of heaven supporting my words and confirming my testimony! I know that that testimony was more for me than for anyone else, because it changed me! All y'all reading this, I hope you know that I KNOW this gospel is true. There is nothing else that can bring this fulness of joy I feel every day! It just is true, and that knowledge is available for all who are willing to test it!

Another miracle this week. Remember the P.'s? Well, because of R.'s example, his daughter has started investigating the church! We taught her the Restoration this week, and she committed to be baptized on the same day as her dad! I can't even express the joy I feel when we get to see FAMILIES, coming closer to Christ and each other by finding the restored gospel of Christ. We are blessed to be teaching 3 part-member families who are working towards baptism. What a blessing!!

Gotta go now, but I love you all!

Sister Petrie

Here is our last district meeting...a Luau party! :) We're nerds :)

No comments:

Post a Comment